SAVE THE DATE – MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2019
NJFSC Regional Conference
The Tropicana Hotel
Atlantic City, NJ
Details to follow shortly
April 16, 2019 — NJFSC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Click for Details and Agenda
Exclusive Member Resources for NJFSC Members:
- FiSCA Membership and Benefits (part of NJFSC Membership)
And other essential news and information you need to run your business!
SEPTEMBER 12, 2018
2018 NJFSC REGIONAL CONFERENCE
SEPTEMBER 11, 2017
NJFSC Members and East Coast financial service providers, we hope you were able to attend this terrific conference in sunny and exciting Atlantic City!
This year’s event, in remembrance of September 11, addressed the changing check cashing industry and the opportunities that can help your business grow, as well as an in-depth look at regulatory and business issues affecting licensed check cashers.
Workshops covered commercial check cashing, compliance, banking issues and more, presented by industry experts. Highlights included keynote speaker, Senator Nick Scutari, the author of the NJ fee increase bill, and presentations on the coming cannabis economy and other legislation that may impact your business.
Member Updates, provided by NJFSC General Counsel Scott McClain, are one of your membership benefits.
They include “need to know” information including updates on legislation and proposed bills affecting your ability to do business as Check Cashers in the State of New Jersey.
You’ll also find topics of upcoming meetings, news about exploratory new products (such as Bitcoin) and status of fee increases and bank discontinuance.
LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Click for Laws and Regulations New Jersey check cashers need to know, such as:
- New Jersey Corporate Check Cashing Law and Sample Form
(Corporate Resolution Authorizing Cashing of Checks Payable to the Company)
- Required Signage for Posting Fees
(New Jersey check casher regulation N.J.A.C. 3:24-4.2)
- New Jersey “Bad Check” Law:
- Collection Under the New Jersey “Bad Check” Criminal Law
- Directions Under the New Jersey “Bad Check” Law
- The New Jersey “Bad Check” Law (N.J.S.A. 2C:21-5) Provisions
- Sample Demand Letter Under New Jersey ” Bad Check Law
STATE OF NJ DEPARTMENT OF BANKING AND INSURANCE – INFO AND FORMS
Go to The State of New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance Website for important information and FAQs for the Check Cashing industry:
- The New Annual Reporting and Assessment Process
- All Check Casher Related License Forms and Information
- New Information About the Department’s “Live Scan: Electronic Fingerprinting Process”
NG’s – BAD CHECKS AND SCAMS
Click for a list of recent NG’s.
NJFSC has an member email alert system when a check casher reports a bad check or NG.
If you receive a bad check please email NJFSC – firstname.lastname@example.org so we can notify all our members.
It’s important that NJFSC has your current email address so that you receive NG notifications.
MORE NJFSC MEMBER BENEFITS – FiSCA PROGRAMS AND BENEFITS
Did you know that NJFSC members are automatically members of FiSCA (Financial Service Centers of America)?
As a NJFSC/FiSCA member you are entitled to receive:
- FiSCA Compliance Manual and Employee Handbook
- Free subscription to industry publication – e-Currents
- Substantial discounts on registration fees for FiSCA’s Annual Conference