Dear NJFSC Member,
First and foremost, we hope you and your family are continuing to keep safe and healthy in these uncertain times.
We just want to take a moment to thank all of our members for your continued support and timely payment of dues. The Association truly appreciates and needs your continued support!
If you are having a problem paying your dues at this time, would you be kind enough to let us know at your earliest convenience. We depend on receiving your dues in order to meet expenses and pay our monthly bills, which we continue to receive.
Again, thank you for understanding and continued support of NJFSC in these unsettling times. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Please keep safe and healthy.
RESCHEDULED! DATE TO BE DETERMINED
NJFSC General Membership Meeting
originally scheduled for
April 28, 2020 will be rescheduled.
SAVE THE DATE!
NJFSC Financial Services Conference
Tropicana Hotel and Casino
Monday, September 14, 2020
SEPTEMBER 9, 2019 – NJFSC Regional Conference
Click for Photos and Agenda
April 16, 2019 — NJFSC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Click for Details and Agenda
Exclusive Member Resources for NJFSC Members:
- FiSCA Membership and Benefits (part of NJFSC Membership)
And other essential news and information you need to run your business!
Member Updates, provided by NJFSC General Counsel Scott McClain, are one of your membership benefits.
They include “need to know” information including updates on legislation and proposed bills affecting your ability to do business as Check Cashers in the State of New Jersey.
You’ll also find topics of upcoming meetings, news about exploratory new products (such as Bitcoin) and status of fee increases and bank discontinuance.
LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Click for Laws and Regulations New Jersey check cashers need to know, such as:
- New Jersey Corporate Check Cashing Law and Sample Form
(Corporate Resolution Authorizing Cashing of Checks Payable to the Company)
- Required Signage for Posting Fees
(New Jersey check casher regulation N.J.A.C. 3:24-4.2)
- New Jersey “Bad Check” Law:
- Collection Under the New Jersey “Bad Check” Criminal Law
- Directions Under the New Jersey “Bad Check” Law
- The New Jersey “Bad Check” Law (N.J.S.A. 2C:21-5) Provisions
- Sample Demand Letter Under New Jersey ” Bad Check Law
STATE OF NJ DEPARTMENT OF BANKING AND INSURANCE – INFO AND FORMS
Go to The State of New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance Website for important information and FAQs for the Check Cashing industry:
- The New Annual Reporting and Assessment Process
- All Check Casher Related License Forms and Information
- New Information About the Department’s “Live Scan: Electronic Fingerprinting Process”
NG’s – BAD CHECKS AND SCAMS
Click for a list of recent NG’s.
NJFSC has an member email alert system when a check casher reports a bad check or NG.
If you receive a bad check please email NJFSC – firstname.lastname@example.org so we can notify all our members.
It’s important that NJFSC has your current email address so that you receive NG notifications.
MORE NJFSC MEMBER BENEFITS – FiSCA PROGRAMS AND BENEFITS
Did you know that NJFSC members are automatically members of FiSCA (Financial Service Centers of America)?
As a NJFSC/FiSCA member you are entitled to receive:
- FiSCA Compliance Manual and Employee Handbook
- Free subscription to industry publication – e-Currents
- Substantial discounts on registration fees for FiSCA’s Annual Conference