NJFSC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING – APRIL 2017
– industry and legislative updates
– presentations by NJFSC Associate Members
– networking with fellow NJFSC members & Associate Members.
FiSCA 28th Annual Conference & Exposition, October 20-23, 2016
NJFSC Regional Financial Services Conference, September 12, 2016
April 2016 General Membership Meeting
Topics on the agenda included updates on the Banking Department Fee Increase Petition, Focused Compliance Training – Commercial Check Cashing, presentation on Renegotiating Commercial Lease Terms, Legislative and General Counsel Report, presentations by our Associate Members and time for networking with Members and Associate Members.
NJFSC Regional Financial Services Conference & Membership Meeting
Wednesday, September 9, 2015
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Atlantic City, New Jersey
NJFSC’s Fall Meeting open to NJFSC members, their employees and Associate Members. (NJFSC Members & Associate Members (in good standing) of the association – no fee; out-of-state financial providers – small registration fee.)
These conferences are a great opportunity for financial services providers to meet & greet.
Our agenda included industry updates, presentations by the IRS and the State Banking Department, vendor presentations and networking opportunities.
- Compliance Training for Managers and Compliance Officers
- Banking Update
- Industry Outlook: Changing Trends and Demographics
- Buying or Selling a Business
- Vendor Showcase & New Products and Services
- Business Check Cashing: Do’s and Don’ts
- Legislative Update – State and Federal
The FiSCA 27th Annual Conference & Exposition
October 9-11, 2015
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
FiSCA is the national trade association that represents more than half of the nation’s neighborhood financial service outlets across the United States.
NJFSC members are automatically members of FiSCA.
At this year’s conference, FiSCA will offer the following tracks presented by industry experts to keep you up to speed on all of the changes that lie ahead:
- Compliance Track
This Workshop track features sessions led by legal and regulatory experts and is designed to educate and instruct attendees on CFPB/Dodd-Frank compliance. Also featured in this Workshop track will be sessions devoted to the NACHA rules effective this Fall and information about FiSCA’s newly developed Dodd-Frank Act Compliance Program.
- Small Operators Track
Among the offerings will be a Small Operators Forum. This Forum will give attendees the opportunity to discuss diverse operational issues and practical, cost effective ways to address them. In addition, a Workshop focusing on compliance for the smaller operator will be offered.
- Innovation Track
This Workshop track will highlight new products and services and new ways to offer them. Hear about new loan products for consumers and businesses, new credit reporting processes, mobile smart stores, and more.
- Operations Track
This workshop track will feature employee training, collections, fraud & crime prevention, bank relations and other practices to increase business efficiency.
Go to the FiSCA website for more conference details.
April 2015 General Membership Meeting
- Presentations by Thomas Hunt, Deputy Assistant Director to the NJ Dept of Banking, and Matt Halpin, Lobbyist with Public Strategies Impact
- Updates on the NJ Fee Increase Bill, pending legislation and other important industry issues
- Vendor and Service Provider Presentations
- Updates on the proposed federal regulation of Payday Loan/Small Dollar Loan Industry
September 2014 General Membership Meeting
- Special Cocktail Reception for NJ Senator Nicholas Scutari who serves on the Senate Commerce Committee and a primary sponsor of the pending Fee Increase Bill (Bill 3083)
- Panel discussion of check casher friendly banks and credit unions together with Q & A period with members
- Up-to-date BSA/AML Compliance Seminar and certification program, conducted by Scott McClain, NJFSC General Counsel and compliance expert.
Bill Siegel Financial Service Center Provider of the Year Award – NJFSC President, Richard Klein, received this award at a recent FiSCA conference.
This is the financial services industry’s highest honor. It recognizes Rich for his leadership and dedication as well as his outstanding accomplishments in business management, community involvement, and industry advocacy.